I'm going to try and make this a weekly (or maybe even biweekly exercise of clearing out interesting bits I find in my web browsing. Now with less calories!
- I gave no opinion on the whole "birther" nonsense. I do feel like someone doing actual reporting, really, should be able to settle the birth certificate issue... but what do I know. More sarcasm here and here.
- Rep. Marsha Blackburn makes, for my money, a reasonable case for ending the fiction of off-budget "emergency" spending... and gets ridiculed by the usual progressives. She's not my favorite... but I'm more with her on this one than not.
- I wish I felt strongly about what happened to Henry Louis Gates. I don't. I do wish people (you too Mr. Obama) would stop calling him "Skip" in the context of discussing a news event about him (but if I see him at a certain wedding... I'll call him anything you want).
- In the Medical Minute: Michael Steele doesn't know who his insurer is (the RNC uses Cigna)
- In the Hollywood Minute: Someone please just get Rupert to stop talking...